021 was an adventurous and action-packed year, full of new friendships, exciting collaborations and fresh ideas for the future. Along the way we picked up eight medals from the world’s most prestigious spirits competitions.
The past year deserves the label ‘crazy’ for multiple reasons. First of all, everyone’s life was affected by the pandemic, one way or another, just like it was in 2020. We are in the middle of a unique period in history that we would rather have skipped, but somehow have to live through together. Moving forward is the only way to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.
In 2021 there was no such thing as ‘business as usual’. Still, we held our head up high and focussed on our mission, which is to be the most versatile high-quality gin in the world. We partnered up with new importers in Switzerland, Germany, Romania and Italy, launched our new brand movie, and competed in several blind tasting competitions. And this is where the second reason for labelling the past year as ‘crazy’ comes in: the judges from the prestigious competitions have awarded Sir Edmond Gin with eight more medals. Our 2021 trophy cabinet looks as follows:
- Grand Gold at the Europe Wine & Spirits Trophy in the Gin category
- Silver at the Spirits Business in the Super Premium category
- Silver at the IWSC in the Distilled Dry Gin (Contemporary) category
- Silver at the Spirits Business in the Super Premium category (2)
- Gold at the Spirits Business in the Flavoured Gin category
- 80 points / Very Good at the Gin Guide Awards
- Silver at the London Spirits Competition in the Gin category
- Silver at the World Gin Awards in the Contemporary Style Gin category
We are honoured and humbled by the words of praise we received. The judges of the Gin Guide Awards described Sir Edmond as being “exceptionally bold and distinctive”. The IWSC called our Bourbon vanilla infused gin “big and bold in style”, paying special attention to the “soft, rounded palate” and “lovely long, creamy finish”.
Why does the approval of these industry professionals matter? Because they have extensive knowledge of the ever-growing gin range, and are able to separate the wheat from the chaff. The fact that they consider Sir Edmond Gin a medal-worthy gin, encourages us to keep doing the best we possibly can — in 2022 and beyond.