It’s that time of year again. And sweet mother of birds, do I love the anticipation! What unusual characters does 2018 have up its sleeve? Who is going to make me laugh until I cry? Will pink still be fashionable? (Silly question: of course it will. It always is.)
This year, make your New Year’s resolutions count. From 1 to 10. Let’s fly away together, free as a bird, off into the sunset… Let’s flamingo!
- Thou shalt go out and explore. Because migratory birds carry more colourful feathers than sitting ducks.
- Thou shalt be a generous lover. Because no one comes towards you on a one-way street.
- Thou shalt make yourself proud. Because pride comes from the inside, not from the outside.
- Thou shalt be naughty. Because a rebellious spirit is a joy forever (yes, even more so than a dirty mind).
- Thou shalt praise your friends. Because a giving heart yields more pleasure than a selfish mind.
- Thou shalt take care of your body. Because it’s not just a temple, it’s the freakin’ Angkor Wat.
- Thou shalt listen more. Because like Abe Lincoln said: “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
- Thou shalt drink less. Because quantity will never beat quality, unless you’re into headaches.
- Thou shalt get rid of the box. Because to be as free as a bird, just thinking outside of it isn’t enough.
- Thou shalt toast to life. Because it’s miraculous and wonderful, just like you. Salute!